GENERAL RULES FOR THE LIBRARY
Monday to Friday : 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Saturday : 8.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
The library will remain closed on Public Holidays and Sundays.
1. Readers and visitors are requested not to bring their belongings in the library.
2. Users are responsible for complying with copyright act while photocopying library books.
3. Improper use of library facilities by a member will lead to the suspension / termination of his/her membership.
4. Silence and strict discipline should be maintained in the library by all users and the library staff.
5. It is each one's responsibility to ensure that no reader should be disturbed in their study in the library by any act.
6. Use of eatables in the library is strictly prohibited . Utmost care shall be taken by all to keep the library clean.
7. Privileges of members in respect of borrowing books are given below :
Borrowers No. of Books Entitled Loan Period
Faculty 5 3 weeks
Students 2 1 week
Others 1 1 day
8. An over-due charges of Rs. 2 per day shall be charges against each book not returned within the due date.
9. There is a provision for Reservation of books. A book issued may be renewed up to 2 times provided there is no reservation against it.
10. A book may be recalled before the due date if required urgently in the library. Failure to respond promptly may lead to suspension
of library privileges.
11. Members proceeding on long leave exceeding three months should return the books that be borrowed.
12. Certain books are intended to be used only in the library premises. these include reference books, current & bound periodicals etc.
13. Borrowers are requested to check if the books being borrowed are complete and no pages are missing in it. In case of defect or
damage in the book, it should be brought to the notice of the library staff.
14. Borrowers are responsible for books they borrow. Books lost, torn or damaged (tearing of pages, underlining, making notes damaging of binding and the like) shall attract serious action including suspension of membership and/or replacement of books concerned.
15. The lost / damaged book shall be replaced by the borrower with latest edition (Hard Bound or Paper Back as the case may be ), else equivalent amount plus an additional charge of 20% of the price for the books published abroad and 10% for the documents published in India. If the damaged book belongs to set, then the user is responsible for the entire set.
16. If the book is not returned within 30 days of its due date , it shall be treated as lost. Action shall be initiated to recover the cost of the book. No lost of book shall be accepted once the recovery is made.
17. Newly arrived books shall be displayed. Books on display shall be issued only after a specified period. However , advance booking for such documents will be entertained.
18. While leaving the library users should ensure that they should carry only those books that are duly issued on their names, otherwise disciplinary action will be taken against them.
19. The library rules and regulations shall be modified from time to time and shall be binding on all concerned.