A Lawyer without Books is like workman without tools.
Library worth more than Rs.2.2 Crore having
33949 Books and 59 Journals with 20 International Journals like Harvard Law Review,Yale Law Journal,Columbia Law Review etc.
Digital Library with full fletch use of Library Management Software
Use of WEBOPAC
SMART-CARD to every user.
6 Online Legal Databases
Use of INFLIBNET for E-Resources
Computer Lab with 100 computers
Various Library Linkages
Special Collection of various International Law Reports like
∙ Corpus Juris Secundum
∙ Halsbury’s Laws of England
∙ European Court Reports
∙ United States Supreme Court Reports
∙ The England Law Reports
Five Laws of Library and Information Science Enunciated by Dr. S. R. Ranganathan
I. Books are for use.
II. Every reader his or her book.
III. Every book its reader.
IV. Save the time of the reader.
V. Library is a growing organism.
“SOCIAL TRANSFOMATION THROUGH DYNAMIC EDUCATION”
DEEMED UNIVERSITY, PUNE (INDIA)
IT’S ALL ABOUT LIBRARY
BHARATI VIDYAPEETH DEEMED UNIVERSITY
NEW LAW COLLEGE
1) Library Working Hours Reading Hall 9.00 A.M to 8.00 P.M
Circulation of Books 9.30 A.M to 5.30 P.M
(The Library will remain closed on Sunday and Holidays declared by Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune)
2) Eligibility for Making the use of library
a) The person should be a bonafide student of the college.
b) Faculty member / staff member
3) Identity card and borrow card will not be issued unless original receipt is produced student should renew their identity card annually before 31st August.
4) While entering the library, every student is required to enter his / her name and sign the register kept at the Counter.
5) Smoking, consumption of Gutka, Spitting and Strictly prohibited in the library premises.
6) The reader should not write in the book or damage book in any manner or damage book any property belonging to library.
7) If any book is lost, the reader shall have to replace the same and if any other property is damaged or broken, it shall be made good by reader and shall have to pay the value of same as may be determined by the college, the minimum is 1.5 times the value of the book.
8) Periodicals will not be issued for home lending.
9) The issue of book for home lending is subject to the maintenance of deposit with the college.
10) This deposit will be refunded at the time of leaving the college .
11) Only one book will be Issued on the borrow card for a week, renewal of books allowed once only.
12) Any book not returned on the date is subject to Late fee. of Rs.5/ per week after expiry of due date.
13) All the student should strictly note that they must carry their Identity card and should produce the same whenever demanded by concerned staff. Book will be issued only on production of valid identity card and current library card.
14) Book will be issued only on production of valid Identity Card and current Library Card.
15) Loss of library card and borrower’s card should be reported at once Duplicate identity card / borrower’s card will be issue, but it any misuse is detected on the original card the student will be liable to make good any such loss for Duplicate identity card / borrower’s card Rs.50/-will have to be paid. Therefore the identity as well as Borrower’s card should be kept very carefully and proper care should be taken to ensure that it well not lost only one book will be issued for home lending for period of one week.
16) Library may refuse to issue any book to any member or he may recall any book without assigning any reason therefore.
17) Books already issued it needed by any member can be reserved by filling in the demand slip.
18) Teachers are entitled to borrow 10 books according to the prescribed syllabus, which is being taught by them.
19) All book should be returned before 30th April or by the end of the term.
20) All student and the members of teaching staff are requested to extend their best cooperation at all the times.
INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS-2017 Sr.No. Journal Name 1 AMERICAN JOURNAL OF COMPARATIVE LAW 2 HARVARD LAW REVIEW 3 HARVARD BUSINESS REVIEW 4 YALE LAW JOURNAL 5 MODERN LAW REVIEW 6 COLUMBIA LAW REVIEW 7 CAMBRIDGE LAW JOURNAL 8 BUSINESS ETHICS 9 JNL OF CRIMINAL LAW & CRIMINOLOGY Q US 10 INTL SOCIAL SECURITY REV Q UK 11 MEDICINE SCIENCE & THE LAW 12 JNL OF INTERNATIONAL DISPUTE SETTLEMENT 13 AMERICAN JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL LAW 14 LAW & PRACTICE OF INTERNATIONAL COURTS & TRIBUNALS 15 GLOBAL JOURNAL OF EDUCATION ADMIN. & POLICY STUDIES 16 INTL JOURNAL OF KNOLEDGE MANAGEMENT & E-LEARNING 17 INTL JOURNAL OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES 18 INTL JOURNAL OF CONSTITUTIONAL LAW 19 INTL JOURNAL OF LAW, POLICY AND FAMILY 20 ALL ENGLAND LAW REPORT
NATIONAL JOURNALS -2017
Sr.No. Journal Name 1 IUP JOURNAL OF CORPORATE GOVERNANCE 2 IUP JOURNAL OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT 3 IUP JOURNAL OF LAW REVIEW 4 IUP JOURNAL OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY 5 IUP JOURNAL OF SOFTSKILLS 6 IUP JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS 7 IUP JOURNAL OF APPLIED ECONOMIOCS 8 ALL INDIA REPORTER 9 COMPANY CASES 10 MANUPATRA INTELLECTUAL REPORTS 11 CRIMINAL LAW JOURNAL 12 MAHARASHTRA LAW JOURNAL 13 SUPREME COURT CASES 14 JOURNAL OF INDIAN LAW INSTITUTE 15 CONSUMER PROTECTION JUDGEMENTS 16 LABOUR LAW JOURNAL 17 CORPORATE LAW ADVISER 18 LEGAL NEWS AND VIEWS 19 CII COMMUNIQUE 20 SUPREME COURT JOURNAL 21 ORIENT JOURNAL OF LAW AND SOCIAL SCIENCE 22 INDIAN BAR REVIEW 23 COMMUNICATIONS TODAY 24 LABOUR AND INDUSTRIAL CASES 25 HUMAN CAPITAL 26 SOUTHERN ECONOMIST 27 ENVIRONMENT AND FOREST LAW JOURNAL 28 INCOME TAX JUDGEMENT 29 SUPREME COURT TAX DECISIONS 30 ARBITRATION LAW REPORTER 31 BANKING CASES 32 ALL INDIA LAW DIGEST 33 PATENT & TRADE MARKS CASES 34 INDIAN JOURNAL OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION 35 INDIAN JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL LAW 36 JOURNAL OF CONSTITUTIONAL &PARLIAMENTARY STUDIES 37 COMPANY LAW JOURNAL 38 JOURNAL OF COMMERCE AND MANAGEMENT THOUGHT 39 INDIAN LAW JOURNAL
ONLINE LEGAL DATABASE (MANUPATRA)TRAINING
3rd FEB 2017
12th Nov. 2016
1. Librarian : Smita Y. Vedpathak
M.Lib.& I.Sc. ,SET
2. Library Attendant : Vijay Kokane
3. Library Attendant : Pandurang Pawar