About the LIBRARY
All About the LIBRARY
Foundation Year for Central Library:
The BVDU, Y.M. Institute of Management, Library, Karad plays a vital role in the collection development and dissemination of Management and related disciples information to meet the present and future needs of its users which includes students, researchers and faculty.
The BVDU, Y.M.Institute of Management, Karad, Library is well enriched with collection of books on Management and related disciples. The library is fully computerized using e-granthalaya software which is design and developed by National Informatics Center, Govt. of India. The collection of the library is available online through the OPAC on intranet of the institute.
The library provides following services to its users:
- Book Bank Scheme
- Reference Service
- Inter Library Loan Service
- Photocopy Service
- Digital Library Services
- Intimation mailing
The total area allocated for Central Library is 200 Sq. Mtr. which includes below mentioned sections.
Silent Features of Library :
- Digital Library / Language Lab
- Open Access
- Scanning/ Printing
- Reference Section
- Reading Room
- Circulation Section
- News Paper Clipping
- Administrative Section
- New Arrivals
- Current Journal Display
Sr.no Name of the Committee Member Designation 1 Dr.Sandeep Jagdale Chairman 2 Dr.B.R.Patil Member 3 Prof.A.A.Patil Member 4 Mr. Sohan Kanase Student Representative Computer Application Department 5 Ms. Saakshi Desai Student Representative Business Administration Department 6 Mr.S.H.Chavan Librarian/ Secretary
Dr. S R Ranganathan
Five Laws of Library and Information Science Enunciated by Dr. S. R. Ranganathan
I Books are for use.
II Every reader his or her book.
III Every book its reader.
IV Save the time of the reader.
V Library is a growing organism.
“SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION THROUGH DYNAMIC EDUCATION”
DEEMED UNIVERSITY, PUNE (INDIA)
Subscribed E-Resources :
- J-Gate : username : bvduymiuser
Password : bvduymiuser1623357896
Free E-resources :
2) National Digital Library of India
- Free e books - http://www.free-ebooks.net
- e-books - http://e-books.org
- Directory of open access books –.: https://www.doabooks.org/
- Free Tech books - http://www.freetechbooks.com
- Campus books - http://www.campusbooks.com
- University of Virginia; e-book Library - http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/ebooks/ebooklist.html
- NAP Open Book - http://www.nap.edu/index.html
- Internet public Library - http://www.ipl.org/div/books
- Direct Text book - http://www.directtextbook.com
- e-books Palace - http://www.ebookpalace.com
- Electronic Library of Mathematics - http://www.emis.de/journals/short_index.htm
- Intech Open access books - :- https://www.intechopen.com/about-intech.html
Free E- Journals :
1. Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) :- https://doaj.org/
DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals. All DOAJ services are free of charge including being indexed in DOAJ. All data is freely available.
2. SAGE Open access journals:- http://journals.sagepub.com/home/sgoa
SAGE Open is a peer-reviewed, "Gold" open access journal from SAGE that publishes original research and review articles in an interactive, open access format. Articles may span the full spectrum of the social and behavioral sciences and the humanities. This journal is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
3. NISCAIR Online Periodicals Repository: - http://nopr.niscair.res.in/
You can now access full text articles from research journals published by CSIR-NISCAIR! Full text facility is provided for all eighteen research journals viz. ALIS, BVAAP, IJBB, IJBT, IJCA, IJCB, IJCT, IJEB, IJEMS, IJFTR, IJMS, IJNPR, IJPAP, IJRSP, IJTK, JIPR, JSIR & JST. NOPR also hosts three Popular Science Magazines viz. Science Reporter (SR), Vigyan Pragati (VP) & Science Ki Duniya (SKD) and a Natural Products Repository (NPARR).
4. Springer Open:- https://www.springeropen.com/
The Springer Open portfolio has grown tremendously since its launch in 2010, so that we now offer researchers from all areas of science, technology, medicine, the humanities and social sciences a place to publish open access in journals and books. Publishing with Springer Open makes your work freely available online for everyone, immediately upon publication, and our high-level peer-review and production processes guarantee the quality and reliability of the work.
5. Elsevier Open access journals:- https://www.elsevier.com/about/open-science/open-access/open-access-journals
All articles in open access journals which are published by Elsevier have undergone peer review and upon acceptance are immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download.
6. Hindawi Open Access journals:- https://www.hindawi.com/journals/
Hindawi publishes peer-reviewed, Open Access journals across many areas of science, technology, and medicine, as well as several areas of social science. Hindawi’s journals are indexed in the leading abstracting and indexing databases, including the Web of Science, Scopus, PubMed, INSPEC, Mathematical Reviews, and Chemical Abstracts.
7. The European Association for Signal Processing (EURASIP) Journals:- http://www.eurasip.org/
The EURASIP was founded on 1 September 1978 to improve communication between groups and individuals that work within the multidisciplinary, fast growing field of Signal Processing in Europe and elsewhere, and to exchange and disseminate information in the field all over the world. The association exists to further the efforts of researchers by providing a learned and professional platform for dissemination and discussion of all aspects of signal processing.
8. Digital Library Of The Commons Repository :- http://dlc.dlib.indiana.edu/dlc
The Digital Library of the Commons (DLC) is a gateway to the international literature on the commons. The DLC provides free and open access to full-text articles, papers, and dissertations. This site contains an author-submission portal; an Image Database; the Comprehensive Bibliography of the Commons; a Keyword Thesaurus, and links to relevant reference sources on the study of the commons
9. The Royal Society Journals:- https://royalsociety.org/journals/
The Royal Society is a Fellowship of the world's most eminent scientists and is the oldest scientific academy in continuous existence.
10. OMICS International Open Access Journals:- https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access.php
Make the best use of Researched information from 700+ peer reviewed , Open Access Journals operated by 50,000+ Editorial Board Members and esteemed reviewers and 1000+ Scientific associations in Medical, Clinical, Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Technology and Management Fields. Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conference series Events with over 600+ Conferences, 1200+ Symposiums and 1200+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business
11. ARPN Journal of Science and Technology:- http://www.ejournalofscience.org/
Journal of Science and Technology (ISSN: 2225-7217) is an international, open-access journal that publishes research intensive articles and scientific manuscripts and survey based contributions focusing all aspects of science and Technology. The objective of this journal is to bring together research fellows from academia and professional practitioners from industry to enlighten the latest topics of interest and building long lasting Collaborations.
Open Access Institutional Repositories:-
1. eGyanKosh- a National Digital Repository:- http://aiht.ac.in/OpenInstitutionaRepositories.html
eGyanKosh- a National Digital Repository to store, index, preserve, distribute and share the digital learning resources developed by the Open and Distance Learning Institutions in the country. Items in eGyanKosh are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved by IGNOU, unless otherwise indicated. To access the items in repository registration is required. Registration is free. Link
2. DSpace@MIT:- http://www.dspace.org/resources
DSpace@MIT is a growing collection of MIT's research that includes peer-reviewed articles, technical reports, working papers, theses and more. End-user downloads of the 60,000+ items regularly exceed one million per month.
Indian Online News Papers :
A) Regional News Papers
B) National News Paper:-
C) Business and Finance